Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. CISA Announcements: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has established the Ransomware Vulnerability Warning Pilot (RVWP). Through the RVWP, CISA will determine vulnerabilities commonly associated with known ransomware exploitation and warn critical infrastructure entities with those vulnerabilities, enabling mitigation before a ransomware incident occurs. In addition, CISA and Girl Scouts of the USA have announced a new memorandum of understanding that formalizes the collaboration between the two organizations in their pursuit to bridge the gender gap in cybersecurity.
2. Cybersecurity Partnership: Semperis has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of independent software vendors and managed security service providers that have integrated their solutions to better defend against proliferating identity-related cyber threats.
4. Product Launch: Tanium, a provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), has released its new certificate manager and enhanced policy management capabilities. The offering provides organizations convenient tool consolidation, cost and time savings, and more accurate reporting via Tanium’s XEM platform, the company said.
5. Product Launch: Delinea, a privileged access management (PAM) provider, has debuted the Delinea Platform. The cloud-native foundation for Delinea's PAM solutions provides end-to-end visibility, dynamic privilege controls, and adaptive security, the company said. The Delinea Platform supports the latest version of the Delinea's Secret Server vault solution, as well as a VPN-less secure remote access service for vendors and remote workers.
6. Partnership Program: Viakoo, a specialist in internet of things (IoT) and operational technology (OT) vulnerability remediation, is partnering with Presidio, a digital solutions provider, to deliver comprehensive physical security, IoT and OT cybersecurity solutions to joint customers. The partnership helps organizations achieve convergence in how physical security and cybersecurity teams operate to reduce risk and stop threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, the companies said.
7. Leadership Move: Red Sift, provider of the Digital Resilience Platform enabling organizations to see, solve and secure vulnerabilities in their attack surface, has named Dr. Sean Costigan as director of Cyber Policy. Costigan will oversee and advise on the company’s cybersecurity policies and strategies.
8. Cybersecurity Education: The Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at Carnegie Mellon University has launched the CERT Applied Data Science for Cybersecurity Professional Certificate program. The program is a series of courses teaching machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques and best practices for the analysis of cybersecurity data using the tools of data science.
9. Cyber Trends Research: BlueVoyant has released the report, "Emerging External Cyber Defense Trends," which highlights the risks organizations face from outside the traditional IT perimeters. BlueVoyant undertook the research to raise awareness of cyber defense challenges organizations are facing and to help them better defend against attacks.