Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Recognition: Cireson announced that it has achieved System and Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type 2 compliance for its Tikit cloud product. SOC 2 Type 2 is a security framework developed by the AICPA that addresses cybersecurity risks and concerns and covers security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy standards over a specified period of time.
2. Cybersecurity Awards Program: CISOs Connect has opened nominations for its 2023 CISO Choice Awards. Security vendors of all types, sizes and maturity levels are eligible for consideration, and the program is open to providers across the globe. Submit nominations here.
3. Companies Partner: NightDragon, a cybersecurity, safety, security and privacy (CSSP) investment and advisory firm, announced a new partnership with global strategic advisory firm Jones Group International. Together, Jones Group and NightDragon will support NightDragon portfolio companies with their international expansion into the Gulf region and advance collaboration between the public sector and industry.
4. Industry Recognition: For the twelfth year in a row, Deloitte has been ranked No. 1 in security consulting services by revenue in 2022 according to the latest Gartner Market Share report. In addition, Deloitte was ranked No. 4 by revenue in 2022 in the Gartner Managed Security Services (MSS) Market Share report.
5. MDR Service Debuts: (MDR service) to prevent cybersecurity incidents and minimize damage. The service now offered in Japan beginning and will expand worldwide within by March 2024. has launched an outsourcing service for security management
6. Norway Suffers Cyberattack: Twelve Norwegian government ministries have been hit by a cyberattack, the Norwegian government said on Monday. This is the latest attack to hit the public sector of Europe's largest gas supplier and NATO's northernmost member. The attack was identified due to "unusual" traffic on the supplier's platform. (Source: The Jerusalem Post)
7. Cyberattack Targets Italian Company: Italian asset manager Azimut reported on Monday it had suffered a cyberattack, but did not harm its customers' sensitive data, and had received a ransom request that it rebuffed. Israeli hacking monitoring startup DarkFeed said the attack was carried out by BlackCat, the same ransomware group that in September 2022 stole large amounts of data from state-owned Italian energy services firm GSE. (Source: Reuters)
8: Product Launch: Panorays, a provider of third-party security risk solutions, has launched two new capabilities, Supply Chain Discovery and Risk Insights and Response Portal. These new additions empower organizations to gain comprehensive visibility into their digital supply chains and effectively manage potential cybersecurity risks.
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)