Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Leadership Move: Quorum Cyber has added to its North American team by appointing Paul Vasquez as vice president of Alliances & Partnerships. Vasquez brings more than 20 years of business development and partnerships experience to expand the company's North American cybersecurity market share, the company said.
2. CyberRisk Alliance Acquires PR Agency: CyberRisk Alliance (CRA), a business intelligence company serving the cybersecurity community, has acquired LaunchTech Communications, a public relations and communications agency serving global cybersecurity and technology companies. LaunchTech and its client base will immediately benefit and gain access to CRA’s resources and portfolio of media and information brands serving the cybersecurity community, including SC Media, Security Weekly, MSSP Alert, ChannelE2E and the CRA Business Intelligence Unit.
3. Product Launch: Tanium, a provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), has launched the Tanium Total Experience for ServiceNow. Tanium has integrated its XEM platform with the ServiceNow platform to bring visibility, real-time data and proactive remediation to organizations looking to improve IT staff, employee and customer experiences.
4. Product Launch: Corvus Insurance, a cyber underwriter powered by a proprietary AI-driven cyber risk platform, has brought to market new AI- and NLP-driven features to increase the degree of automation of routine manual tasks in the underwriter’s workflow within Corvus Risk Navigator.
5. Patent Award, Funding Boost: Venn Software announced that the company has been awarded a patent for securing remote work on any computer. The company also revealed $29 million in Series A Funding, led by NewSpring, to support its product development, growth and customer demand.
6. Cybersecurity Education: Springboard, an online learning platform preparing students for in-demand careers, has partnered with Stony Brook University to deliver remote, self-paced, tech training programs. These bootcamps are open to the public and enable Stony Brook to offer university-credentialed programs for in-demand tech skills in cybersecurity, data analytics, data science, software engineering and UI/UX design.
7. Product Launch: Level 6 Cybersecurity has launched LISN version 1.0. LISN, the Level 6 Infosec Strategy Network, offering a suite of analytic tools to provide cyber decision makers with data-backed guidance on how to optimize every dollar and hour invested into their cybersecurity programs.
8. Contract Award: AI and quantum computing startup SandboxAQ has won a U.S. government contract for military cybersecurity in a deal that includes Microsoft and Deloitte as subcontractors. The contract with the Defense Information Systems Agency provides global communications infrastructure for the U.S. Department of Defense. (Source: Reuters)
9. Program Recognition: Over the last two years, the U.S. Department of Defense's Cyber Crime Center Vulnerability Disclosure Program (VDP) has grown substantially, both in size and in public recognition. For its efforts throughout the 2022 Defense Industrial Base-VDP Pilot, the program earned a Cyber and IT Excellence Teams Award from the Office of the Department of Defense Chief Information Officer. (Source: Defense.gov)
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)