Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Product Launch: Intruder, a vulnerability scanning and attack surface management platform provider, has launched its cutting-edge API scanning abilities. The update to its cloud-based vulnerability management service allows organizations of all sizes to secure their APIs by automatically detecting vulnerabilities, gaps, security weaknesses, and misconfigurations that hackers can exploit.
2. Industry Recognition: Rackspace Technology announced that Srini Koushik, executive vice president and chief technology officer, has been inducted into the CIO Hall of Fame. Koushik also received the Global Ohio CIO ORBIE Award for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue and multi-national operations. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
3. Cybersecurity Partnership: VicOne, an automotive cybersecurity solutions provider, has expanded its partnership with DFI, a global provider of embedded motherboards and industrial computers. This strategic alliance delivers enhanced automotive cybersecurity software solutions and services for the rapidly growing electric vehicles and connected transportation market.
4. Funding Boost: Votiro has raised $11.5 million in a Series A funding round led by Harvest Lane Asset Management. The funding will accelerate Votiro’s marketing and sales reach, especially in North America, and advance its data detection, disarm and analytics services.
5. Industry Awards: Senhasegura, a privileged access management (PAM) solution provider, has received three Gold awards from the 2023 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards. Senhasegura was recognized for Best PAM Platform, Best Cloud PAM and Best Lifecycle Management solution.
6. Leadership Moves: Immersive Labs has named Eric Johnson as chief revenue officer and named Julie Chapman as senior vice president of Customer Experience. These new hires will support Immersive Labs' mission to give workforces around the world the knowledge, skills and judgment to effectively confront cyber threats, the company said.
7. Executive Appointment: New Charter Technologies, a portfolio company of private equity firm Oval Partners, has appointed Fred Berzolla as president of Cyber74, New Charter's advanced cybersecurity partner.
8. Security Research: Rezilion has released new research, titled "Do you know KEV? You should (because hackers do)!" The report finds that although Known Exploited Vulnerabilities (KEV) catalog vulnerabilities are frequent targets of APT Groups, a large and exploitable attack surface remains due to software vendors' lack of awareness and action. The research also identified thousands of ongoing exploitation attempts targeting KEV vulnerabilities.
9. Partnership Announced: Knowmadics has formed a strategic partnership with Novacoast, a cybersecurity company specializing in managed security, engineering, development and advisory services. Knowmadics will work with Novacoast Federal and their parent company Novacoast to protect public officials as well as corporate executives.