Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cybersecurity Award: Intelligent identity security firm Sontiq has earned the top spot in the Fraud Protection category for the 2022 CyberSecured Awards. The company was specifically recognized for BreachIQ, its proprietary data breach analysis capability.
2. Product Launch: InterVision, an IT MSP, announced two new offerings: Managed Cloud Services (MCS) for AWS and Azure cloud environments and Penetration Testing as a Service (PTaaS) powered by RedSpy365. Both services offer enhanced and expanded cybersecurity designed to address current business and resilience concerns, the company said.
3. Malware Research Released: Kaspersky is sharing new research findings related to the notorious Prilex threat actor. Researchers have discovered new modifications in the Prilex point-of-sale (PoS) malware that can block contactless NFC transactions on infected devices, forcing customers to use their physical credit cards and enabling cybercriminals to steal money. Prilex is the most advanced known PoS malware, according to Kaspersky.
4. Talent Move: Trinity Cyber has appointed Frank Koehl as vice president of product development. He will be responsible for establishing and guiding product strategy, definition and design for Trinity Cyber’s TC:Edge and TC:File service lines.
5. Pr0duct Launch: OTAVA, a multi-cloud solutions specialist, has launched security as a service (SECaaS) for businesses that need external resources or added expertise to maintain a comprehensive cybersecurity practice. OTAVA's SECaaS solutions are designed to protect against all attack vectors, including malware, phishing, ransomware, compromised credentials, DOS attacks, insider threats and more.
6. Leadership Hire: SolCyber has hired Simon Naldoza as the new its head of business development. Naldoza brings more 20 years of cybersecurity and partnership/business development experience to SolCyber.
7. Trustifi Adds Spanish Enhancement: SaaS email security provider Trustifi has launched a Spanish language plug-in module for its email security solution. The Spanish language plug-in will be automatically bundled into Trustifi’s solution suite for all its customers at no extra cost.
8. Cybersecurity Partnership: Cerberus Cyber Sentinel Corporation has formed a strategic partnership with Kivu Consulting to extend its service offerings, including incident response, digital forensics, ransomware negotiation and threat intelligence. Cerberus Sentinel will help extend Kivu’s proactive cyber advisory services in North and South America. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
9. Workforce Alliance: Aura is partnering with nonprofit Cyversity in an effort to increase opportunities for underrepresented talent in the cybersecurity workforce. Aura's sponsorship includes a charitable donation and contribution to Cyversity's scholarship fund, education for Cyversity members around the importance of consumer cybersecurity and mentorship from Aura Chief Information Security Officer J.R. Tietsort.