Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cloud Security: Elastic has expanded capabilities for Elastic Security, including Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) for AWS, container workload security and cloud vulnerability management. Elastic now delivers a comprehensive security analytics solution that includes Cloud Native Application Protection for AWS.
2. China Product Review: China's cyberspace regulator will conduct a cybersecurity review of products sold in the country by U.S. memory chip manufacturer Micron Technology. The move is aimed at protecting the security of the supply chain for critical information infrastructure, prevent hidden risks and safeguard national security, the Cyberspace Administration of China said in a brief statement. (Source: Reuters)
3. Security Research: Dragos has released a report that provides a comprehensive analysis of the current state of cybersecurity in the industrial control systems (ICS) and operational technology (OT) sectors. The report is based on data collected from various sources, including Dragos' own threat intelligence platform, and provides insights into the latest threats, trends and best practices in ICS/OT cybersecurity.
4. Supply Chain Security: The founding members of OSC&R (Open Software Supply Chain Attack Reference), an open framework for understanding and evaluating existing threats to the software supply chain, announced that the framework is now on Github, allowing anyone to contribute to the model.
5. Industry Awards: GoodAccess, a secure cloud access company, has won three 2023 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards. GoodAccess won "Best the Cybersecurity Startup," "Zero Trust Security" and "Best VPN" awards.
6. Leadership Move: Traceable AI announced that it has named "Dr. Zero Trust" Chase Cunningham as an advisor. Cunningham will work alongside zero trust expert John Kindervag, also named an advisor during March, to define the intersection of API security and zero trust. Together, they bring nearly 50 years of combined cybersecurity experience in the application of zero trust frameworks.
7. Industry Recognition: ColorTokens Inc., a unified zero trust platform provider, announced that The Globee Awards has named the company a Gold award winner for "Micro-segmentation" and "Container Security" and a Silver award winner for "Zero Trust Security."
8. Product Launch: Socura, a U.K.-based cyber security managed services specialist, has launched its Managed SASE service in partnership with Palo Alto Networks’ Prisma. Socura stated that it "is one of the first U.K. security companies to offer SASE as a managed service," and hopes to gain an "edge over legacy MSSPs that specialize solely in securing traditional on-premises environments."
9. Ransomware Research: KnowBe4, a security awareness training and simulated phishing platform provider, has released a new report showing the continued impact that cybercrime is having on state and local governments entitled, “The Economic Impact of Cyber Attacks on Municipalities.”