Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Black Hat Returns: Black Hat returns to Las Vegas August 5-10, which will celebrate Black Hat USA’s 26th anniversary with a live, in-person six-day program. The event will take place at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, featuring more than 90 briefings hand-selected by the Black Hat Review Board.
2. Product Launch Receives Funding Boost: Blumira, a provider of detection and response technology, has launched its XDR platform to provide enterprise-level security for small to medium businesses (SMBs). The company also announced that it had raised a $15 million Series B financing round led by Ten Eleven Ventures and joined by RPS Ventures, Mercury Fund, HPA, and Duo Security co-founder Jon Oberheide.
3. Cybersecurity Education Partnership: Immersive Labs and Accenture are working together to launch the Cyber Million program, which aims to solve the cybersecurity talent deficit by increasing access to one million entry-level cybersecurity operations jobs over the next decade. The Cyber Million program is now available to other organizations seeking to make cybersecurity operations roles available on the platform to a diverse pool of candidates, and users may access the platform to begin growing their skills.
4. Leadership Move: DTEX Systems, specialist in insider risk and threat management, has appointed Dave Salverson as chief financial officer. Salverson will support the company’s growth trajectory amid increasing demand for DTEX Systems’ Insider Risk Management InTERCEPT Platform.
5. Product Launch: Science Applications International Corp. has brought to market Trust Resilience, a holistic approach to support government agencies adopting the mandated zero trust architecture. The offering enables agencies to increase the state of security for their cloud-based or hybrid infrastructures.
6. Leadership Move: Deep Instinct has announced a pair of leadership hires: Jim Ortbals as vice president, Americas Channels and Ryan Vaupel as vice president, Operations.
7. Partner Program Refresh: Imperva has unveiled Imperva Accelerate, a reimagined partner program that is designed to align with a partner's go-to-market strategy, enabling more deal creation and profitability. MSSPs and more can choose different engagement options by product and solution.
8. Cybersecurity Education Initiative Cyberbit, a platform provider for cybersecurity education and training, has announced a new Bridge Program aimed at connecting hiring managers with cybersecurity graduates who possess verifiable, hands-on incident response experience. With this new initiative, Cyberbit will be able to bridge the divide between employers and candidates and address one of the major concerns of cybersecurity hiring managers: prior hands-on experience.
9. Acquisition Announced: Blattner Tech, a specialist in data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning, has acquired Jigsaw Security Enterprise, a provider of threat intelligence capabilities. With this acquisition, Blattner Tech aims to enhance its cybersecurity capabilities and expand into the machine learning security space.
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)