Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cybersecurity Partnership: Hush, a cybersecurity platform designed to protect businesses against social engineering, impersonation, phishing and brand risk, has been selected for MissionLink's 2023 accelerator program. The MissionLink.Next program connects innovative startups with national security insiders, thought leaders, commercial sector customers and investors. These connections place members on a fast track to developing the next generation of solutions the government can use to address national security threats.
2. MSSP Partner Program: Quantum Xchange, an encryption management specialist, has launched its Phio Partner Program (P3) aimed at managed connectivity providers, networking-as-a-service vendors, SD-WAN and VPN original equipment manufacturers, managed security service providers (MSSPs) and other value-added resellers servicing the network infrastructure market.
3. Leadership Move: Skybox Security has appointed Mordecai (Mo) Rosen as CEO. Rosen will focus on driving company growth and accelerating the adoption of the industry’s first Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution for Security Policy and Vulnerability Management. In addition, Skybox announced the closing $50 million in financing from CVC Growth Funds, Pantheon, and J.P. Morgan.
4. Product Launch: SecuriThings has launched a new Managed Service Platform for the physical security space, which enables managed service providers to manage, visualize and maintain customer environments. This new offering comes in addition to SecuriThings' Enterprise solution,
5. Cybersecurity Research: Valtix, a multi-cloud network security platform as a service provider, has released its 2023 Multi-cloud Security Report. The research found that 95% of companies are pushing toward a multi-cloud environment, but only 58% believe they have the security architecture to support it. Respondents in the survey of more than 200 U.S. IT leaders cited complexities, gaps and other challenges between the overall strategy and the infrastructure they ultimately create.
6. Leadership Move: CrowdStrike has promoted Michael Sentonas to president. Sentonas, who has served as CrowdStrike’s chief technology officer (CTO) since 2020, will be responsible for leading the company’s product and go-to-market functions, including its sales, marketing, product and engineering, threat intelligence, corporate development and CTO teams.
7. Cybersecurity Partnership: Corelight, an open network detection and response (NDR) provider, has expanded its partnership with CrowdStrike. Under the agreement, CrowdStrike will have the ability to deploy Corelight NDR technology in customer engagements when delivering Incident Response, Compromise Assessment, and Network Security Monitoring services.
8. Cybersecurity Certification: (ISC)² has made the Certified in Cybersecurity exam available in five additional languages, including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German and Spanish. Previously, the entry-level certification was only offered in English. The certification, part of the association's global One Million Certified in Cybersecurity pledge, offers free Certified in Cybersecurity exams and self-paced education courses for one million people.
9. Product Launch: ActZero, a cybersecurity provider for small and mid-sized enterprises, has released its next-generation managed detection and response (MDR) platform. The ActZero MDR platform leverages its defense ingenuity and precision AI-detection to give customers an industry-leading ransomware block rate of 90%.