Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, April 2, 2019.
9. M&A - Network Security: Rapid7 has acquired NetFort, a company that provides end-to-end network traffic visibility and analytics across cloud, virtual and physical networks.
8. Expansion: ITC Secure, a specialist cyber advisory and MSSP, has launched a new portfolio of cyber security services through its existing Washington D.C. business. The effort also includes shifting the ITC Global Advisors brand under the ITC Secure brand.
7. Partnership: Bitdefender Antimalware Security Tools are now integrated with Splashtop Remote Support, giving IT professionals and MSPs the ability to protect their managed computers with endpoint security technology, the two companies say.
6. Partner Program - Privileged Access: Centrify has launched the P.E.A.K. Performance partner program.
5. Identity and Access Management (IAM): Okta has announced Advanced Server Access -- which brings continuous, contextual access management to secure cloud infrastructure. The result: Okta Identity Cloud can continuously manage and secure access to on-premises servers (Windows and Linux) and cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GPC), and Microsoft Azure.
4. Talent - Identity and Access Management: SecureAuth has hired John Nassar as chief revenue officer, and Robert Humphrey as chief marketing officer. Nassar previously held key posts at Palo Alto Networks, Proofpoint and Cisco Systems. Humphrey previously held key positions at ForgeRock, Citadel Security, McAfee, ITKO, and CA Technologies.
3. Talent - ISACA: The global association has named David Samuelson as its new CEO, effective April 1. He previously held executive positions at Pinpoint Learning, Capstone Publishers and Pearson plc. In recent months, Samuelson served as CEO of GreaterGood.com. Samuelson plans to initially focus on increasing member value through modern learning and certification delivery worldwide; emphasizing relevant professional learning community opportunities through conferences and chapters; and underscoring the world-class enterprise solutions ISACA offers organizations.
2. LockerGoga Ransomware Primer: The US Department of Homeland Security has launched a LockerGoga ransomware primer after the malware recently hit multiple chemical and manufacturing companies.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is now open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.