Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, March 2, 2018:
5. Equifax Breach Costs: Equifax on Thursday reported quarterly results ahead of Wall Street forecasts, even as the consumer credit agency posted $26.5 million in costs related to last year’s massive data breach, Reuters says. We'll share more details soon.
4. Fortinet - Part One: Fortinet's Fabric-Ready Partner Program has gained 11 new partners -- including BackBox, CyberArk, CyGlass, Hughes Network Systems, IBM Security, McAfee, Micro Focus, NEC Corporation, Phantom, ServiceNow and VMware. More than 40 companies are now in the program, the security company said during its Accelerate 2018 conference this week in Las Vegas.
3. Fortinet Part Two: Fortinet Accelerate 2018 conference attendees like Infogressive CEO Justin Kallhoff were impressed with the partner momentum. "Fortinet had like two or four partners a year ago," he tells MSSP Alert. "Now they have a big pile of them with some meaningful integration work done. Powerful stuff if you have the vendors in it. " He's also impressed with the new FortiOS 6.0, which promises a range of visibility, detection and response enhancements. "If they can pull it off, I think they’d be the first NGFW that solves a much needed function or gap in that space. I also saw a lot of automation and orchestration stuff -- which is important for big MSSPs or big enterprises, a bit challenging for smaller ones." Infogressive was a Top 100 MSSP for 2017.
2. IoT Cybersecurity: Trustwave, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017, has released an “IoT Cybersecurity Readiness Report.” The research assess current and future IoT deployment plans -- and corresponding security practices and implementation challenges across organizations in a wide-range of industries. The report reveals a major market gap: Most reorganizations surveyed plan to increase adoption of IoT into operations, but only 28 percent consider security strategies specific to IoT as “very important," Trustwave says. We'll share more details soon.
1. Gartner Magic Quadrant: The Gartner Magic Quadrant 2018 for Managed Security Services has surfaced. Seventeen MSSPs surfaced in the report. Here's our analysis.