Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, June 4, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. New MSSP Platform: Sixgill has launched a multi-tenant cyber threat intelligence platform for MSSPs. More than a dozen MSSPs have already embraced the platform, though company names were not disclosed. The Sixgill offering "scours Deep and Dark, and surface web sources to automatically provide accurate threat intelligence in real time to MSSPs, via its easy to use dashboard," the company says.
2. Funding - SOC Platform: Providence Strategic Growth has invested in ThreatConnect, which develops a security operations platform for threat detection and response. Financial terms were not disclosed.
3. Desktop as a Service vs. Ransomware: IOXO has unveiled CityWRX, a desktop as a service (DaaS) platform for cities and municipalities. IOXO is positioning the platform as a secure, on-demand alternative that allows cities to avoid ransomware and other malware threats.
4. Kaspersky Rebrands: Kaspersky Lab has rebranded as Kaspersky, and now focuses on a four-word mission: "Building a safer world." The mission statement "emphasizes our commitment to a trusted and transparent future where everyone has the endless opportunities technology brings, because we protect it," the company says. Kaspersky faced brand and privacy perception challenges over the past couple of years, amid US allegations that the company may have ties to Russia's government. Kaspersky has repeatedly and firmly denied the claims; vowed to open up its software to those who want to inspect the source code; and relocated its data processing to Switzerland.
5. Cybersecurity Research: Only 34 percent of security pros have a high degree of confidence in their team's ability to detect and respond to cyber threats, according to ISACA's 2019 State of Cybersecurity research report.
6. Dropbox Security: Nucleus Cyber now supports Dropbox and Dropbox Business with data discovery, conditional access and protection capabilities to guard against insider threats, sensitive data misuse and exfiltration, as well as unauthorized file access and sharing, the company says.
7. Quest Diagnostics Data Breach: Medical testing giant Quest Diagnostics has confirmed a third-party billing company has been hit by a data breach affecting 11.9 million patients, TechCrunch reports.
8. Consumer Router Attacks: Keep an eye on consumer routers. A growing wave of attacks could be cause for concern.
B. MSSP Partner Programs & Cybersecurity Partnerships
2. Talent - Threat Detection, Hunting and Response: Fidelis Cybersecurity has enhanced its partner program while also extending the effort into such new territories as Benelux, the Nordics and Latin America. Also, Eddie DeWolfe has joined the company as VP of global channels and alliances.
3. MDR - Europe: eSentire and Viatel are partnering to promote MDR (managed detection and response) cybersecurity services in Ireland. eSentire has over 120 customers in 10 European markets along with operations in London and Cork, Ireland, the company says. Viatel is an independent IT service and solution provider in Ireland.
4. EMEA - Unified Access Management: OneLogin, which offers application access and identity management solutions, has launched new channel partnerships and an EMEA specialization for its OneLogin Accelerate partner program.
5. EMEA Expansion: Cybereason has signed 100+ new EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) enterprise customers in the past 12 months in the healthcare, banking, insurance, manufacturing and technology industries. The moment nearly tripled Cybereason's customer base in the region. Key partnerships with EVRY and Trustwave have furthered the company's momentum, Cybereason says. Actual revenue and profit figures were not disclosed. Cybereason offers endpoint detection and response (EDR), next-generation antivirus (NGAV), and active monitoring services.
7. Security Assessments: IOActive and Bugcrowd are partnering to provide full-stack continuous testing options across such industries as healthcare, retail, financial services, transportation, technology and government, the companies say.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite19 (June 3-6, Austin, Texas)
- Carbon Black Connect 2019 (June 3-5, San Diego, California)
- Join Us: Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner? (Webcast– This Thursday, June 6)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19, Maryland)
- AWS re:inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference 2019 (June 25-26, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.