Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, January 5, 2018:
8. Microprocessor Bugs & Apple: Yes, Apple devices are impacted by the recent chip flaw disclosed by Intel -- though Intel still insists the problem isn't a flaw. (Should we call it a feature?) Apple's Macs, iPhones and iPads all are exposed to the issue. All Meltdown & Spectre News: For the latest on the Meltdown & Spectre microprocessor issues and software patches visit here.
7. Intel's PR, Engineering Struggle: The Wall Street Journal offers this look at how Intel wrestled several months to navigate the chip flaw issue... Meanwhile, Intel CEO Brian Krzanich sold roughly $11 million worth of stock before the chip giant disclosed the chip issue. Is that an insider trading conspiracy? Hmmm... I'd call that highly doubtful. I haven't examined Krzanich's long-term trading history, but tech CEOs sell their shares at regular intervals to stay diversified. I'd assume that was the case here... until somebody truly proves otherwise.
6. Cyber Insurance: Travelers Europe has expanded its cyber insurance offerings for IT and technology companies across the United Kingdom and Ireland. The offerings, according to Insurance Journal, include: Network security, professional indemnity and cybermedia liability, data breach response service and cyber breach coaching.
5. Funding: Threatcare, which develops a cybersecurity platform, has raised $1.4 million in seed funding. The company's core service is Violet, a virtual cybersecurity professional that simplifies product evaluations, security controls monitoring, and training for security staff -- the upstart claims...
4. Partner Program Part One: 3xLOGIC a provider of integrated, intelligent security solutions, has unveiled a newly-expanded Certified Partner Program for new dealers all the way up to existing National Account partners, the company says. The program will be offered to current and potential partners via their 3xLOGIC Regional Sales Manager, and it will continue to evolve with new benefits added over time.
3. Partner Program Part Two: OPAQ Networks, a network security cloud company, has launched a 100 percent channel sales model focused on the midmarket. The major partner effort targets MSPs and MSSPs. We'll share more details today....
2. ISP Customer Protection: Greenwave Systems and CUJO AI have partnered to offer ISPs an end-to-end security solution for home network users. Greenwave Systems is an MSP software provider; CUJO AI is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) company for telecommunications customers.
1. Teaser Alert: Major developments in the IT channel may surface around 12:30 p.m. ET today. Check ChannelE2E, our sister website, regularly for complete details...