Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, June 5, 2019.
A. Today's MSSP Alerts
1. Research - Midmarket IT Security: Insider threats are the leading cause of security incidents, new SolarWinds research asserts.
2. Research - Healthcare Cybersecurity: 83% of surveyed healthcare organizations said they’ve seen an increase in cyberattacks over the past year, and two-thirds of firms were targeted by a ransomware attack over the past year, Carbon Black research finds.
3. Encryption: Carbon Black has introduced a third-generation cloud architecture and plans for so-called ‘Bring Your Own Key (BYOK)’ encryption capabilities. Some preliminary details from the Carbon Black Connect19 conference are here.
4. Insider Threat Detection and Response: A new Jazz Networks release allows customers to address insider threat detection and response, the company says.
5. M&A - Asia Pacific: Future Data Group, a systems integrators and cybersecurity services company, now owns nearly 65 percent of Maximus (MXC), a Hong Kong-based professional services firm that performs over 100 security assessments annually, and monitors more than 300 cybersecurity devices through its SOCs.
6. Bug Bounty Program: Microsoft is partnering with Bugcrowd to ease payments for Microsoft’s bug bounty programs.
7. IoT Security: CyberX, an IoT and industrial control system (ICS) security company, has extended its agentless industrial cybersecurity platform to protect unmanaged enterprise IoT devices such as routers, CCTV cameras, wireless access points, smart TVs, smart lighting, HVAC devices, wireless printers, sensors, and medical devices, the company says.
8. Identity Management: SecureAuth's Identity Platform can now be deployed with the same identity management features in the cloud cloud, on-premises, or as a hybrid of the two.
9. SAP Application Security Assessments: Onapsis has launched a business risk illustration assessment SAP applications, custom code and systems.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Cybersecurity Partnerships
1. Distribution: Synnex-Westcon has agreed to distribute BlackBerry Cylance to help resellers jumpstart their MSP and MSSP cybersecurity services.
2. Industrial Cybersecurity: Radiflow, a provider of cybersecurity solutions for industrial automation networks, has launched a partner program for MSSPs to offer OT cybersecurity services.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite19 (June 3-6, Austin, Texas)
- Carbon Black Connect 2019 (June 3-5, San Diego, California)
- Join Us: Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner? (Webcast– This Thursday, June 6)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19, Maryland)
- AWS re:inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference 2019 (June 25-26, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.