Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday morning, February 7, 2019.
13. Database Performance Monitoring: SentryOne has launched SQL Sentry Essentials, which provides monitoring for up to five database targets at $995 per targeted SQL Server instance. It's designed for smaller database environments.
12. Power Company Breach: South African energy supplier Eskom Group has suffered a double security breach. One breach involved an unsecured database containing customer information, and the other involved a corporate computer infected with the Azorult information-stealing Trojan, Bleeping Computer reports.
10. Lawsuit - Equifax Breach: A securities fraud class action lawsuit against Equifax can proceed, according to a U.S. District Court Ruling in Georgia. The credit reporting service disclosed a massive breach in 2018. Poor software patch management allegedly triggered the breach.
9. DDoS Attacks: The rate and focus of DDoS attacks continued to evolve dramatically in Q4 2018, according to Kaspersky Lab research.
8. Sysdig Momentum?: Deployments of Sysdig's container security and visibility software have tripled in the Fortune 500 over the past year -- though the company didn't reveal actual Fortune 500 deployment counts...
7. Google Chrome Password Checkup: This looks nifty.
6. Talent - Carbon Black: The endpoint security provider ha added DocuSign CISO Vanessa Pegueros to its board of directors.
5. M&A - Microsoft Cloud Security: Haven Cyber Technologies is nearing an agreement to acquire Onevinn, a provider of Microsoft Cloud Security Services, Bloomberg reports.
4. M&A - Security Services: HelpSystem has acquired the Core Security assets from SecureAuth. The assets involve identity governance and administration, penetration testing, threat detection, and vulnerability management.
3. Fortinet Financial Results: The company's latest quarterly results exceeded Wall Street's expectations, as Fortinet's momentum with MSSPs and channel partners continued, CEO Ken Xie & CFO Keith Jensen.
2. FireEye Financial Results: During an earnings call, FireEye CEO Kevin Mandia said that his company's MDR (managed detection and response) service won't compete with traditional MSSP services.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.