Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, June 7, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A - VPN Services: J2 Global has acquired Encrypt.me, and promised customers no changes to pricing models.
2. M&A - Hardware Security: Entrust Datacard, a provider of identity and secure issuance technology solutions, has completed its previously-announced acquisition of nCipher Security, formerly Thales's general purpose hardware security module (HSM) business.
3. Talent - SOAR: Swimlane, a security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) company that recently raised $23 million, has hired several key executives -- including President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) Jim Hansen, Senior Vice President of Global Sales Tom Smith, and Vice President of Global Marketing Susan Warner. The executives previously held key roles at such companies as Cofense (formerly PhishMe), Mandiant (acquired by FireEye), Optiv and Securonix.
4. Startup - Penetration Testing: Kfivefour has emerged from stealth mode, and announced the immediate availability of its Red Team assessments, training and penetration testing services. Kfivefour is a cybersecurity affiliate of Millennium Corp., a defense contractor and cybersecurity company that supports the Department of Defense and other federal agencies.
6. Firewalls: Check Point Software Technologies has launched the 16000 and 26000 Series Security Gateways. The network security products deliver Terabit-Per-Second Threat Prevention. The new options arrive during a renewed partner push led by Frank Rauch, head of worldwide channel sales.
7. Crypto Theft: Hackers have stolen 23.2 million Ripple coins (XRP), worth nearly $9.5 million, from the users of the GateHub cryptocurrency wallet service, ZDNet reports.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Cybersecurity Partnerships
2. Partner Program Tips: Got anything to share? Email me the details.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19, Maryland)
- AWS re:inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference 2019 (June 25-26, Boston, Massachusetts)
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.