Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, May 7, 2018.
7. Microsoft Azure Security: PureSec, which develops a Serverless Security Runtime Environment (SSRE), today launched a beta version of its serverless application security solution for Microsoft Azure Functions.
6. Talent: MKACyber, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017, has hired SecureAuth veteran Stephen Cox as vice president of software development. Cox will lead MKACyber's software development teams, which focus on data-informed, business-focused and cost-effective SOC solutions. FYI: The 2018 Top 100 MSSP Survey and all future survey links surface here.
5. Partnership: HKT, a telecommunications service provider in Hong Kong, has joined Carbon Black's partner program as a managed security services provider (MSSP). Carbon Black launched a successful IPO last week and continues to work more deeply with MSSPs worldwide.
4. Partnership: Comodo Cybersecurity and Mission Secure Inc. (MSi) are developing an integrated industrial control systems (ICS) cybersecurity with a unified security operations center (SOC). The solution is designed safeguard government and enterprise critical infrastructure against the cyber threats targeting ICS.
3. Partnership: Kudelski Security has launched managed security services focused on the protection of Operational Technology (OT) and Industrial Control Systems (ICS). The effort includes a close working relationship with Claroty, whose technology will be integrated with Kudelski Security's Cyber Fusion Centers (CFC) in Switzerland and the United States.
2. Secure Operations: Watch for the ServiceNow partner ecosystem to announce a range of Secure Operations integrations and associated moves during the Knowledge18 conference this week in Las Vegas. True believers include AHEAD, a major cloud-focused IT consulting firm that is helping customers with SecOps projects.
1. MSP to MSSP: We'll be touring the Kaseya Connect 2018 conference today in Las Vegas, paying particularly close attention to security vendors that are assisting MSPs with their MSSP practice build-outs. We may share more details soon...