Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. NIST Seeks MSP Security Comments: The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE), part of NIST, is seeking comments on a project titled Improving Cybersecurity of Managed Service Providers. Deadline for comments is November 8, 2019.
2. M&A - Endpoint Security: Elastic has completed the acquisition of Endgame, a provider of endpoint protection, detection, and response software.
4. Research - Threat Report: Webroot's mid-year threat report for 2019 is now available here.
5. Secure Cloud Services: Versa Networks has now sold 200,000 software licenses in the aggregate, while engaging 1,000 enterprise customers and 100 service provider partners. Key partners include Riverbed, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
2. SMB Security - Middle East: Etisalat Digital has productized SonicWall technology in its 'Business QuickStart (BQS)' broadband bundle for SMBs, offering telco-grade network security with a zero-touch installation feature, the companies say. The solution will be available in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and other regions supported by the Etisalat Group.
3. Open Standards: OASIS has launched the Open Cybersecurity Alliance (OCA) to develop open source security technologies that can freely exchange information, insights, analytics, and orchestrated responses. Initial contributors include IBM Security and McAfee, Additional participants include Advanced Cyber Security Corp, Corsa, CrowdStrike, CyberArk, Cybereason, DFLabs, EclecticIQ, Electric Power Research Institute, Fortinet, Indegy, New Context, ReversingLabs, SafeBreach, Syncurity, ThreatQuotient, and Tufin.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 7-10, Washington, D.C.)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- RSA Conference USA 2020 (February 24-28, 2020, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.