Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Texas Ransomware Attacks - MSP Lessons: The state of Texas's CISO has offered these five lessons specifically related to MSPs.
2. Funding - Bug Hunting & Penetration Testing: HackerOne, a hacker-powered penetration testing and bug bounty platform, has raised $36.4 million in Series D funding. The round includes participation from existing investors, including Benchmark, New Enterprise Associates, Dragoneer Investment Group and EQT Ventures.
3. Cyber Command - New Malware: U.S. Cyber Command has released 11 malware samples to the malware aggregation tool and repository, VirusTotal.
4. Cyber Research: BAE Systems cyber division, Applied Intelligence is to collaborate with a newly formed Cyber Security Research program at the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), the two organizations confirm.
5. Cyber Insurance: American International Group (AIG) commercial property and casualty insurance policies as of January 2020 will clearly communicate whether cyber issues are covered.
6. Talent - Identity and Access Management (IAM): Semperis, a provider of cyberattack mitigation and rapid response solutions for hybrid identity environments, has hired Gil Kirkpatrick as chief architect and Sean Deuby as director of services.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
3. Partner Program: DivvyCloud, a provider of security and compliance automation for cloud and container environments, has launched a new partner program. Inaugural partners Trace3, Slalom, Optiv, BigCo. SmallCo., Cloud49, ThunderCat Technology, and World Wide Technology.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.