Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Monday, September 10, 2018.
9. GDPR And British Airways Data Breach: The recent British Airways data breach may be the first real test of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) laws. Pundits are wondering if EU regulators will leverage GDPR to fine the airway for a data breach involving 380,000 customers. We'll share more details soon.
8. Alleged JPMorgan Hacker: The mystery figure behind what prosecutors call the biggest financial hack of all time is now in U.S. custody, American Banker says. Andrei Tyurin, a Russian citizen who is alleged to have performed key cyber work in a hack of JPMorgan Chase and several other companies, was extradited to New York on Friday from the republic of Georgia, the report says. He is accused of infiltrating the computer networks of a dozen companies, previously identified as Fidelity Investments, Dow Jones, JPMorgan and others, American Banker reports.
7. Alleged WannaCry Hacker: The US Department of Justice has formally charged a North Korean programmer for some of the biggest cyber-attacks in recent years, ZDnet reports. According to a 179-page DOJ indictment, the US believes that Park Jin Hyok, a 34-year-old North Korean, is one of the many individuals behind a long string of malware attacks and intrusions, the report alleges.
6. Cyber Center: Tata Communications has launched an advanced cybersecurity response center in Dubai. The center provide 24/7 cybersecurity services to customers in the Middle East region.
5. Cloud Services Attack Vectors: Hackers have found at least eight attack vectors to penetrate cloud environments...
4. Cyber Insurance Market Forecast: The cyber insurance market will double by 2020 to over $8 billion, German reinsurance giant Munich Re told a conference in Monaco on Sunday, the Associated Press reports.
3. Startup - Cyber Risk Management: Trend Micro and HITRUST have launched Cysiv, a new company that provides cyber risk management as a service to select U.S. enterprises. We'll share more details soon.
2. Partner Program - IAM: After announcing strong quarterly results, Okta has launched a partner program for the company' identity and access management (IAM) cloud services.
1. Top 100 MSSPs 2018: We’ll unveil the complete 2018 list and research during our webcast this Thursday. Register now to join us.