Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, January 11, 2018:
7. Connected Car Security: Fortinet, one of the early MSSP partner program pioneers, is now demonstrating integrated security and threat protection for connected cars.
6 . Clueless Employees: According to a study of consumers conducted by Kaspersky Lab, nearly half (49%) of employees surveyed consider protection from cyberthreats a shared responsibility, but only one tenth (12%) of employed respondents claim to be fully aware of their organizations IT security policies and rules, the survey found.
5. Partnership - IoT Security: Bravatek Solutions and AppGuard have inked a strategic alliance. Under terms of the agreement, Bravatek will act as a front line business developer for AppGuard's IoT endpoint security solution for its global customer base.
4. Talent: Optiv Security has named Stu Solomon as chief technology and strategy officer (CTSO). In this newly created role, Solomon will be responsible for aligning and evolving Optiv’s partner strategies and related product and service offerings to address one of the most important security issues facing enterprises today: the architectural and operational complexity of their cyber security programs, the company says. We'll share more details soon.
3. Partnership - Security Operations Center: CyberX, an operational technology cybersecurity company, has launched CyberX ICS Threat Monitoring App for QRadar. The offering leverages IBM security intelligence technology to enable a unified approach to IT and OT security in the corporate SOC, the companies claim.
2. Managed Detection & Response: Fishtech Group unveiled CYDERES (Cyber Defense & Response), a human-led, machine-driven Security-as-a-Service solution including Managed Detection and Response (MDR). Powered by the proprietary CYDERES Platform, the offering supplies organizations with people, process, and technology “as a Service” to manage risks, detect threats, and respond to security incidents in real-time. Translation: Fishtech is emerging as a next-generation MSSP.