Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, February 15, 2018:
7. Talent: Redhawk Network Security, which has an MSSP practice, has hired Ben Gallo as president. He previously was VP of sales and GM at Atmosera. Earlier, he was North America sales director at Sungard Availability Services.
6. Britain Blames Russia for NotPetya: Britain blamed Russia on Thursday for last year's NotPetya cyberattack, publicly pointing the finger at Moscow for spreading a virus which disrupted companies across Europe, according to Reuters. In response, Russia categorically denied the allegations...
5. SD-WAN Security: MSSPs are "ideally positioned" to safeguard customers' SD-WAN connections, according to Fortinet. PS: Fortinet is making an all-out blitz to make sure MSPs and MSSPs understand the company's Security Fabric strategy.
4. Distribution: Pax8 now offers Webroot's full suite of cloud security solutions, including SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection, SecureAnywhere DNS Protection, and Security Awareness Training. Pax8 has gained serious momentum over the past two years as a value-added cloud distributor, and offers partners mix-and-match software stacks from multiple vendors.
3. Partner Program: Anomali, a provider of threat management and collaboration solutions, is ramping up its channel partner program activity "under the renewed guidance" of Darren Gaeta, VP of worldwide alliances and channels.
2. Conference - Threat Intelligence: Anomali's annual cybersecurity and threat intelligence conference, called Detect 18, is scheduled for September. All Cyber Events: Check the MSSP Alert Cybersecurity Conference calendar for a complete look at all major upcoming security events.
1. Microsoft Office Attacks: Trustwave, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017, has documented new types of multi-stage email World attacks that don't involve Macros. Find details from the Trustwave SpiderLabs blog here.