Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one sentence or less for each item below.
- Penetrating Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
A. Today's MSSP Alerts
1. Intel MDS Vulnerability: Patches for the newly discovered MDS vulnerability (aka ZombieLoad) are listed here.
2. M&A - Security Operations Center: Corsica Technologies shared more details about its recent EDTS and EDTS Cyber acquisitions. The deal empowers Corsica with 24x7x365 security monitoring, threat prevention, assessments, incident response, and consulting services. Corsica, based in Centreville, Maryland, now has locations, a Security Operations Center, over 130 team members, 200+ certifications and 20,000 systems under the Corsica platform.
3. Cyber Insurance - Slowing Growth: The cyber insurance market remains a source of growth for U.S. property/casualty insurers; however, that growth is slowing, according to Fitch Ratings. The industry’s total direct written cyber premiums grew 8% in 2018 to $2 billion, down from 37% growth in 2017, Insurance Journal reports.
4. Partnership - Health IT Security: BlueNovo, a provider of health IT and technology services and solutions for Community Health Centers, now has a strategic affiliation with PrivaPlan. The alliance will deliver an expanded suite of network support and cybersecurity service offerings, the companies say.
5. AI - Facial Recognition Banned: Concerned that some new surveillance technologies may be too intrusive, San Francisco became the first U.S. city to ban the use of facial-recognition tools by its police and other municipal departments.
B. Cybersecurity & MSSP Partner Programs
1. Distribution - Tech Data & Deep Instinct: Tech Data has agreed to distribute Deep Instinct, a cybersecurity platform that predicts harmful known and unknown cyberattacks, terminates execution and prevents damage from such attacks, the companies say. Tech Data will offer Deep Instinct to partners across the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
2. Cyber Analytics - ExtraHop: The provider of enterprise cyber analytics has unveiled the new ExtraHop Panorama Partner Program. Key partners include GuidePoint, NetDescribe, Optiv, Presidio, Sirius, Trace 3, World Wide Technology. Technology partners include AWS, Cisco Systems, Microsoft Azure, Phantom, ServiceNow, Splunk.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.