Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding - Automated Malware Analysis and Detection: VMRay has raised $10 million in Series B funding led by Digital+ Partners. Among the focus areas for the funding: Improving channel partner support for MSSPs and VARs.
2. Cybersecurity Research - CompTIA Findings: The results are in...
3. Cyber Insurance: QBE North America has launched a service that combines cyber insurance with cyberattack prevention services as well as post-breach response assistance.
4. Oracle Cloud Security: Oracle introduced three new cloud services to more effectively protect customer workloads. They include Oracle Data Safe, Oracle Cloud Guard and Oracle Maximum Security Zones. The trio provides centralized security configuration and posture management, as well as automated enforcement of security practices. Related - Oracle OpenWorld News: Track all Oracle OpenWorld 2019 news and analysis on ChannelE2E.
5. Bank Hacker Guilty?: A Russian hacker at the center of an alleged scheme to steal financial data on more than 80 million JP Morgan Chase & Co. clients will plead guilty later this month, Bloomberg reports.
6. Brokerage Fine: A Chicago-based futures brokerage will pay $1.5 million for letting cyber criminals breach the firm’s email systems and withdraw $1 million from a customer’s account, Security Magazine reports.
7. Identity and Access Management: Identity Automation has unveiled an enhanced user interface (UI) for its flagship RapidIdentity solution.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. McAfee on Oracle: McAfee has expanded its Oracle relationship to deliver security incident and events management (SIEM) performance capabilities in the cloud. Keep an eye on McAfee Enterprise Security Manager (McAfee ESM) technology running on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North American Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York City)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.