Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, July 19, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Blackberry Cylance Statement: The company is "aware that an unvalidated potential bypass has been publicly disclosed by researchers without prior notification. Our research and development teams are looking into whether the issue is a true bypass or due to some misconfiguration of the product on the researchers part or other similar factors. If the bypass is determined valid, remediation efforts will occur immediately. More information will be provided as soon as it is available." The statement is based on this report.
2. Seed Funding - GRC: VComply, which specializes in GRC (governance, risk and compliance) management, has secured $2.5 million in a seed funding round led by Accel.
3. Canadian Malware Warning: The Canadian Centre for Cyber Security (CCCS) has released an advisory on an Astaroth fileless malware campaign affecting Microsoft Windows, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security notes.
5. Mobile Security - Google Android: Secure-D, a mobile security platform from Upstream, has launched a mobile malware center that reports suspicious Android applications it detects and blocks around the world.
6. Ransomware's Evolution: Sodinokibi ransomware, also known as Sodin and REvil, is hardly three months old, yet it has quickly become a topic of discussion among cybersecurity professionals because of its apparent connection with the infamous-but-now-defunct GandCrab ransomware, MalwareBytes asserts.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Integrations: Genetec is partnering with BlackBerry Cylance to bring AI-based antivirus protection to its appliances customers.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.