Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
9. Risk Mitigation: RiskLens, a provider of cyber risk quantification (CRQ) software, now integrates with ServiceNow Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC).
8. SOAR: CyberGate is the first Middle Eastern MSSP to embrace DFLabs' Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) technology, the companies say. CyberGate provides managed incident response and remediation services for enterprises and government entities within the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region, including United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, and Saudi Arabia.
7. M&A - Cyber Investment: Woodside is acquiring a 10 percent stake in Sapien Cyber, a Western Australian cybersecurity firm that specializes in protecting critical infrastructure.
6. M&A - Industrial Control Cybersecurity: Drago has acquired NexDefense and is shifting two cybersecurity tools from paid models to free offerings. The freebies include industrial control system (ICS) asset identification and discovery tools: Cyberlens and Integrity.
5. Product Reviews: Both WhiteHat Sentinel Source Standard and Essential Editions received the highest OWASP Benchmark for Security Automation accuracy ratings of all static application security testing (SAST) solutions compared publicly. NTT Security recently announced plans to acquire WhiteHat.
4. Security APIs: 42Crunch has launched an API security cloud platform to discover vulnerabilities in APIs and protect them from attack. The 42Crunch Platform can protect SaaS, Web, or IoT APIs, as well as microservices, the company claims.
3. Major Cyberattack: Norsk Hydro, a major aluminum producer, has suffered a major cyberattack. Details are unfolding here.
2. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is now open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.