Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Thursday, June 21, 2018.
10. Tesla Data Breach?: Tesla has sued a former employee claiming that he hacked the electric carmaker’s trade secrets and transferred large amounts of company data to third parties, according to a lawsuit filed in federal court in Nevada on Wednesday, Reuters says.
9. Cryptocurrency Theft: Bithumb, a South Korean cryptocurrency, disclosed that it was the latest victim of hacking, according to the USA Herald. It lost more than US$30 million worth of digital currencies, prompting the cryptocurrency exchange to temporarily suspend transactions on its platform, the report says.
8. Cyber Insurance Myth: One of the biggest data-privacy laws in history was supposed to kick off a new era of surging demand for cyber insurance in Europe. So far, it hasn’t, according to The Wall Street Journal.
7. Unified Endpoint Management: Quest has upgraded its KACE Cloud Mobile Device Management to enhance security, control and ease of managing Apple iOS and Android mobile devices, the company says. Also, a KACE Systems Deployment Appliance brings better control, ease of use and reporting to OS imaging, the company asserts.
6. Partnership - Thread Defense: Gigamon and FireEye have inked a strategic partnership to improve threat defenses across their customers’ security infrastructures, the company's say. The alliance offers customers FireEye Network Security combined with the GigaSECURE Security Delivery Platform to address threat protection.
4. Partnership - Mobile: Duo Security now integrates with Sophos Mobile. The connection ensures strong mobile security, regardless of whether their end-user devices are personal or corporate-issued, the companies say.
2. Spear Phishing Protection: Keep an eye on Barracuda Sentinel – MSP, which combines three email protection tools: An artificial intelligence engine, domain fraud visibility, and simulated fraud training.