Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A - Carbon Black Acquired: The buyer is VMware.
2. Cloud Security & Financial Services Regulations: Two U.S. lawmakers have called on a top financial regulatory panel to consider direct oversight of the cloud services big tech companies provide to banks, saying they have become a critical component of the global financial system, Reuters reports.
3. Talent - Cyber Investigations & Forensics: BlackStone Discovery, a legal technology and consulting provider, has hired Microsoft veteran Angela Leifson as cyber investigator and forensic specialist.
4. Talent - Cloud Security & Compliance: Nutanix CIO Wendy M. Pfeiffer has joined the Qualys board of directors. Qualys, which specializes in cloud-based security and compliance solutions, has a strong MSSP partner program.
5. Cybersecurity - Quantum Computing: At the Second Post-Quantum Cryptography Standardization Conference organized by NIST, IBM described:
- quantum-safe cryptography services on the IBM public cloud in 2020;
- Quantum Risk Assessment services from IBM Security to help customers assess their risk in the quantum world.
- A prototype of the world's first quantum computing safe enterprise class tape, an important step before commercialization, the company says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.