Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
10. Oracle Cloud Security: Oracle Founder Larry Ellison points to four security enhancements that will allegedly give Oracle a leg up against Amazon Web Services. Customers will certainly welcome the enhancements. But the chances of Oracle making meaningful revenue gains vs. AWS seem challenging at best...
9. Cybersecurity Talent Gap: It has climbed to a 3 million person shortage in North America, according to this research...
8. Network Audits: Netwrix Corp. has launched Netwrix Auditor for Network Devices as a part of the new Netwrix Auditor 9.7 platform. The application enables organizations to detect and investigate network security threats, the company says.
7. Software Suite: Symantec has enhanced its IT Management Suite (ITMS), including real-time endpoint management capabilities and integrations with Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) and Control Compliance Suite to offer additional protection from threats and critical vulnerabilities, the company says.
6. Partnership - Network Security: ForeScout Technologies and Belden have partnered to deliver secure network access, device visibility and dynamic network segmentation capabilities in industrial environments powered by Belden infrastructure, the two companies say.
5. Partner Program - SOAR: D3 Security, a developer of security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, has launched its CONNECTED Global Sales Channel and Partner Program. Peter Marini is leading the program, which seeks to work with VARs, MSSPs, and systems integrators.
4. Managed Detection and Response: Blackpoint Cyber has launched a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service offering. The solution leverages Blackpoint's SNAP-Defense platform and a new Security Operations Center (SOC) in Ellicott City, Maryland.
3. M&A - Threat Detection & Response: Fortinet has acquired ZoneFox Limited, a privately-held cloud-based insider threat detection and response company headquartered in Edinburgh, Scotland. The acquisition enhances Fortinet's SIEM security business, the company says.
2. M&A - GDPR Compliance: Check Point Software Technologies has acquired Dome9 of Tel Aviv, Israel. Check Point gains active policy enforcement and multi-cloud protection capabilities. There also are some implications for the GDPR corporate compliance market.
1. AWS Data Leak: Washington-based ISP Pocket iNet publicly exposed 73 gigabytes of customer and network information due to a misconfigured Amazon S3 storage bucket, according to UpGuard research.