Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, March 27, 2019.
8. Talent: Cygilant has hired Bradford Networks veteran Rob Scott as president and CEO. Cygilant promotes managed detection and response (MDR), unified vulnerability, and patch management technologies to midmarket customers.
7. MSSP Services - Cybersecurity: CynergisTek has expanded its suite of managed security services for the healthcare industry. The effort includes monitoring, threat detection, incident response, and management of ongoing cybersecurity risks across network devices, endpoints, and cloud and SaaS-based environments such as Office 365, Okta, and Salesforce. Separately, CynergisTek recently sold its managed print services business to Vereco.
5. Research - Risk Mitigation Disconnect: The majority of enterprises fear disruption to business critical applications, yet those enterprises don't prioritize securing those specific applications, according to CyberArk research.
4. Funding - SMB Risk Assessments: Sayata Labs has emerged from stealth mode as a provider of enterprise-grade risk assessment technology for SMB customers. The journey includes $6.5 million in seed funding.
3. Funding - Identity Fraud Mitigation: SentiLink, a San Francisco, California-based synthetic identity fraud startup, has $14 million series a funding.
2. Secureworks Financial Results: Secureworks, a Top 100 MSSP, says revenue was $130.7 million in Q4 of fiscal 2019, up 8.1 percent from $120.9 million in the corresponding year-ago period. The results were roughly $1.92 million below Wall Street's expectations, according to SeekingAlpha. We'll share more details soon.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is now open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.