Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding - Data Privacy: Strongsalt has raised $3 million in Seed Funding from Valley Capital Partners. The startup holds three encryption-related patents.
2. Funding - Internet of Things Security: ShieldIOT has raised $3.6 million in a seed funding.
3. Funding - E-commerce Security: CyberFortress, a San Antonio-based insurance technology startup focused on protecting e-commerce companies from cyber threats, has raised $3 million seed funding.
4. Credit Union Contract: Our Community Credit Union (OCCU), which has 34,000 members across Washington, has selected DefenseStorm for cloud-based cybersecurity and cyber compliance management services, the organizations say.
5. Doordash Breach: Doordash has confirmed a security breach that impacted roughly 4.9 million customers and merchants that joined the platform on or before April 5, 2018, are affected. Users who joined after April 5, 2018 are not affected.
6. Data Breach Lawsuit: The parent of Dunkin’ Donuts was sued on September 26 by New York Attorney General Letitia James, who accused the chain of failing to protect hundreds of thousands of customers whose accounts were targeted in a series of “brute force” cyberattacks, Reuters reports. Dunkin' Donuts says the lawsuit is without merit.
7. Iran Cyber Defenses: Iran has launched an inspection of security at its key Gulf oil and gas facilities, including preparedness for cyber attacks, the Oil Ministry news agency SHANA said, following media reports of Washington weighing possible cyber attacks on Tehran, Reuters says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- McAfee MPOWER Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (October 1-3, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 7-10, Washington, D.C.)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.