Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
5. Intel Chip Security: CSPi, a provider has released the ARIA SDS micro Hardware Security Module (HSM) solution. It includes a virtualized HSM application and the PCIe-based Myrcom Secure Intelligent Adapter (SIA). The offering addresses Intel x86 chip design vulnerabilities, including the SGX vulnerability targeted by Foreshadow, CSPi asserts. Separately, CSPi is preparing an MSSP software platform. It's expected to launch in early 2019.
4. CrowdStrike's Asia Pacific Expansion: Endpoint protection specialist CrowdStrike has opened an Innovation and Development Center in Pune, India, and named Jagdish Mahapatra as managing director Asia -- focused on India, South East Asia and North Asia.
3. Partnership: Webroot and Digital Shadows have integrated their security platforms. Digital Shadows SearchLight platform clients will be able to access Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Services (BCTI).
2. Funding: Indegy has raised $18 million in funding. The company's industrial control systems protect against cyber threats, malicious insiders and human error.
1. Top 100 MSSPs 2018: We’ll unveil the complete 2018 list and research during our September webcast. Register now to join us.