With the acquisition, Opaq will integrate FourV's GreySpark cybersecurity intelligence technology into its Opaq Cloud SECaaS platform for managed service providers (MSPs) and MSSPs, according to a prepared statement.
MSSP Implications: The FourV acquisition empowers MSPs and MSSPs with automation and machine learning capabilities, Opaq indicated. It enables Opaq channel partners to use the Opaq Cloud to automate the assessment of midsize customers' security architecture and regulatory compliance maturity.
In addition, MSPs and MSSPs now can use the Opaq Cloud to provide their customers with automated security metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs), the company said. Opaq channel partners also can use these metrics to demonstrate the efficacy of customers' security programs in the context of business and control frameworks.
Why Did Opaq Acquire FourV?
FourV's GreySpark technology helps MSPs and MSSPs automate their security management operations and enhance their managed detection and response (MDR) activities, Opaq indicated.
GreySpark also enables Opaq channel partners to:
- Automate data collection and analysis for continuous risk management and compliance reporting.
- Conduct performance assessments at scale.
- Streamline compliance assessments and audits.
The Opaq Cloud with GreySpark will be available this spring.
What Is the Opaq Cloud?
The Opaq Cloud is a SECaaS platform that combines a private network with next-generation firewall, web application firewall, distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) mitigation and software-defined segmentation capabilities. It offers a variety of features, including:
- Advanced Visibility: Provides complete control and total visibility of customer environments and security policies.
- Consistent Policy Enforcement: Enables seamless application of company-wide security policies.
- Full Network Coverage: Ensures all distributed network assets are covered by a single platform.
- Real-Time Updates: Provides ongoing updates to address new threat models and help organizations improve their security posture and reduce their risk exposure.
The Opaq Cloud enables MSPs and MSSPs to provide network security capabilities to midsize firms, according to the company. It eliminates the complexity and costs associated with managing many security products, Opaq stated, and provides quick time-to-value.
Opaq Launches Channel Sales Model
Opaq in January announced a 100 percent channel sales model that enables channel partners to deliver a fully integrated network and security stack to midsize companies via the Opaq Cloud. It also launched a Channel Partner Program that provides partners with access to go-to-market support, financial incentives and training resources.
Previously, Opaq acquired the technology assets of Bat Blue Networks and launched last year with $21 million in Series A funding. The company today works with channel partners to deliver the Opaq Cloud to midsize companies.