Preempt, a San Francisco company that helps protect organizations against insider threats and security breaches, has launched an adaptive threat prevention platform based on identity, behavior and risk analysis.
With the Preempt Platform, security teams can continuously track the identity, behavior and risk of every enterprise user, according to a prepared statement. The platform empowers these teams with a variety of security capabilities, including:
- Adaptive response enforcement.
- Behavioral analytics.
- Continuous risk assessment.
The Preempt Platform adapts to threats based on situation and context, the company noted. It automatically challenges anomalous or risky behavior, Preempt said, and resolves false positives in real-time.
In addition, the Preempt Platform features the following applications:
- Any App: Allows organizations to expand secure authentication to any on-premise or cloud application.
- Behavioral Firewall: Delivers real-time, automated and situational threat prevention and enforcement.
- Insights: Provides visibility into an organization's security posture to help security teams resolve risks and weaknesses before they escalate.
- Threat Hunter: Enables security teams to search raw events, detect and identify security events or further investigate reported events, along with find and eliminate threats.
Ultimately, the Preempt Platform enables security teams to manage and protect privileged and service accounts and mitigate risks and weaknesses before they are exploited by cyberattackers, the company indicated. It also requires no endpoint software agents, Preempt said, and can be integrated with other security solutions.
Preempt: Here's What You Need to Know
Founded in 2014, Preempt provides identity-based protection to help organizations detect security threats and risky employee activities across multiple departments.
Preempt recorded 75 percent consecutive quarter-over-quarter growth in both revenues and number of customers in fiscal year 2016-2017, according to a prepared statement. The company also doubled its workforce during this time frame and expects to do the same in the current fiscal year.
Furthermore, Preempt in April launched a global reseller program to support channel partners. The program provides resellers and distributors with access to the company's user and entity behavior analytics solution, as well as consulting, marketing and sales support.