PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has acquired WebSecure Technologies, a CyberArk partner that specializes in privileged access management (PAM) security technologies -- including secure access for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
This is technology M&A deal number 632 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2021.
Secure Access to Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and More
WebSecure will tuck into PwC's Australia operations. PwC already has a major CyberArk relationship in the United States. Details about the M&A deal first surfaced in The Australian Financial Review.
WebSecure's portfolio of security services include:
Additional brands that WebSecure supports include SailPoint, Digital Guardian and NetSkope, according to the company's Website.
PwC Acquisitions and Partnerships Address, Security, Cloud and Business Applications
PwC, which operates a Top 250 MSSP business unit, has been expanding into security. cloud and business applications consulting through partnerships and acquisitions. Example moves include:
- September 2021: PricewaterhouseCoopers Canada has acquired Avaleris, an MSSP that offers Microsoft identity, security and cloud services.
- October 2020: PwC and Palo Alto Networks expanded their cybersecurity partnership to offer MDR services to joint customers. The relationship also heavily promotes XDR — short for extended detection and response.
- July 2020: PwC partnered with PAM solutions provider Thycotic.
- November 2020: PwC acquired EagleDream Technologies, a cloud consulting company and Amazon Web Services Partner Network (APN) member that offers cloud migration services, software development and data modernization capabilities.
- October 2020: PwC acquired Tyconz’s Enterprise Business Applications Operations. Tyconz is an SAP Gold partner that delivers implementations, developments, training and support in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region.