Secureworks has launched a performance-based Global Partner Program that includes multiple perks for partners. The program arrives roughly seven months after Maureen Perrelli arrived as senior VP and chief channel officer for the managed security services provider (MSSP).
Perrelli spent her first few months at Secureworks in listen mode -- gathering perspectives from partners and internal employees. Then, she and the channel team developed a partner program that was "pressure tested" to ensure the program is simple, easy and allows partners can engage they way they want to , Perrelli tells MSSP Alert.
The partner initiative is backed by Secureworks' C-suite. Among the proof points: CEO Michael Cote and President of Customer Success Wendy Thomas joined Perrelli in partner program launch webcast earlier today.
Secureworks Partner Program Details
The Global Partner Program's features include:
- Business Discounts: Partners can receive additional discounts if they sign up customers net new to Secureworks.
- Marketing Development Funds (MDF): Partners can request proposal-based MDF based on their business requirements.
- Online Partner Portal: Partners can access sales and marketing resources, deal registration support and a content library.
- Rebates: Partners can earn rebates based on qualified revenue.
- Training: Partners can earn competencies via an online portal.
Secureworks offers a variety of products and services via the Global Partner Program, including:
- Incident Management Retainer (IMR): Provides an agreement that ensures an organization can receive priority support, guaranteed SLAs and access to incident response and security program readiness consulting services.
- Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Helps organizations identify and remediate cyberattacks.
- Threat Detection and Response (TDR): Analyzes data across an organization's IT environment and applies analytics and threat intelligence to send incident alerts.
The Global Partner Program is now available, worldwide.
Secureworks: Related Developments
The Global Partner Program surfaces as Secureworks continues to push beyond traditional MSSP services to offer SaaS options and MDR (managed detection and response) capabilities.
Secureworks also continues to work closely with parent Dell Technologies, and sister company VMware -- which now owns Carbon Black. Secureworks in February 2020 launched a Cloud Configuration Review solution in combination with VMware. The solution helps organizations guard against security risks caused by cloud misconfigurations.
Secureworks: MSP Opportunities?
The initial partner program supports referral partners, as well as resale partners. The resellers can earn recurring revenue from renewals, Perrelli says.
So what's missing? At present, the partner program doesn't have a way for MSPs to deliver co-managed security services. In other words, Secureworks essentially manages the end-customer security service after the partner referral or resale is completed.