Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Lawsuit - Ransomware Causes Death?: A lawsuit involving the death of a baby in a hospital involves a cyberattack that knocked out certain IT systems. The case may involve the first death allegedly caused by ransomware, The Wall Street Journal reports.
2. Neiman Marcus Data Breach: Retailer Neiman Marcus Group has notified about 4.6 million online customers that their personal information including names, contact information and credit card numbers may have been accessed in a data hack, Reuters reports.
3. Funding - Third-Party Risk Solutions: SecZetta, a provider of third-party identity risk solutions, has raised $20.5 million in Series B funding.
4. Partner Program - eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): Anomali has launch of the Anomali Technology Partner Program (TPP).
5. Partnership - Cyber Insurance and Security: SentinelOne has partnered with Blackpanda and Pandamatics Underwriting. The result: Asia Pacific businesses gain cyber incident response, active threat hunting and incident response services bundled with cyber insurance.
6. Executive Leadership: Bitdefender has hired Dennis Goedegebuure as consumer solutions group as VP of global new customer acquisition, and Amy Blackshaw joins the business solutions group as VP of product and technical marketing.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Innovate 2021 Cybersecurity Summit (October 3-6, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and in-person)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid, virtual and in-person)
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 6, 13, 20 & 27, virtual)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld Security Conference 2021 (October 12-14, virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar