Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Funding: SPHERE, a woman-owned cybersecurity business focused on providing "best-of-breed software and services for access governance across data, platforms and applications," has raised $10 million in Series A funding led by ForgePoint Capital. SPHERE's expertise spans identity and access management (IAM) automation, unstructured data, privileged account detection, Microsoft Office 365 readiness and Microsoft Active Directory governance.
2. AWS - Certified MSSP: PTP has achieved AWS Level 1 Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) Competency status.
3. AWS and SentinelOne: The SentinelOne Singularity Cloud works with Amazon Security Lake from AWS to support hunting, threat investigations, and forensics on cloud logs within the SentinelOne Singularity XDR Platform, the companies said.
4. AWS and CrowdStrike: Details about various CrowdStrike for AWS enhancements surfaced here.
5. Integration - Security Awareness Training: KnowBe4 SecurityCoach product now integrates with Netskope to "help reduce risky behavior with product integration to support real-time security coaching of users," the companies said.
7. MDR Services: Sophos Managed Detection and Response (MDR) is now generally available with new threat detection and response capabilities. Sophos positions itself as "the first endpoint security provider to integrate vendor agnostic telemetry from third-party security technologies into its MDR offering." Sophos also introduced the Sophos Marketplace and $1 million Sophos Breach Protection Warranty.
8. Automated Penetration Testing: Ridge Security launched a new website security testing service, PurpleRidge, designed to "help organizations with or without dedicated IT teams with a free security test of their web applications, with minimal technical background required," the company said.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)