Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Integration - SIEM & Threat Detection: Digital Defense now integrates with LogRhythm. The combined solution improves threat detection and response for MSPs and MSSPs that leverage LogRhythm's cloud SIEM platform.
2. Channel Partner Program: Imperva has extended its Web Application and API Protection (WAAP) and Data Security offerings to all businesses with a channel-first strategy designed to help grow a reseller’s business, the company says. The effort includes a new self-service product trial program and new subscription plans from Imperva, which are designed to simplify a partner’s sales process, the company says.
3. Government Security - Pentagon vs. Insider Threats: The Defense Department wants a vendor to manage the next phase of development for the insider threat program’s central database and case management, NextGov reports.
6. Health Care - Insider Breach: Montefiore Medical Center of New York is notifying some patients about a security breach involving information illegally accessed by a former employee, the medical center disclosed.
7. Health Care - Multi-Year Medicaid Breach: A seven-year data breach exposed the personal information of hundreds of thousands of health plan applicant, according to a disclosure from Florida Health Kids Corp., a medicaid health plan based in Tallahassee, Florida, Becker's Health IT reports.
8. Washington State Data Breach: The Washington state auditor’s office says one of its software vendors was breached, likely leading to files being accessed by “an unauthorized user.” State Auditor Pat McCarthy disclosed what she termed “a security incident” in a statement to The Seattle Times on Friday evening, saying the problem involved Accellion, a “third party provider of software services.”
9. USCellular Data Breach: Mobile network operator USCellular suffered a data breach after hackers gained access to its CRM and viewed customers' accounts, Bleeping Computer reports.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Expanding From MDR to XDR (June 17, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar