Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Armor CEO Chris Drake announced plans to "challenge the traditional MSSP model" -- though there was no mention of the Armor's channel partner and MSP partner program, which the company had touted in 2021... ...
2. Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA): Picus Security, a provider of Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) technology, has joined MISA, an ecosystem of independent software vendors and managed security service providers that have integrated their solutions to "better defend against a world of increasing threats."
3. Funding - Browser-based Security: Talon Cyber Security has announced total funding of $43 million, adding SAFE (Simple Agreement for Future Equity) investments of $17 million prior to an upcoming A-Round of funding. Sorenson Ventures and Evolution Equity Partners are joining Talon’s earlier investors -- including venture capital firms Lightspeed and Team8, and various angel investors.
4. Seed Funding - Phishing Mitigation: Pixm, a computer vision cybersecurity startup, has raised $4.3 million in seed funding to protect enterprises from undiscovered, non-traditional phishing attacks. The round was led by Gula Tech Adventures, with participation from multiple firms.
5. Partner Program: Nord Security has announced a "new strategic direction" to engage and sell with channel partners in the United States...
6. Partnership - Vulnerability Management and Threat Intelligence: Nucleus Security and Mandiant have partnered to extend Mandiant Advantage Vulnerability Intelligence to Nucleus customers at no additional cost.
7. Partner Program: The Cloudflare partner program now supports SASE and Zero Trust Management Services.
9. Healthcare IoT Vulnerabilities: The most commonly used protocol for transferring data from wearable devices used for remote patient monitoring contained 33 vulnerabilities, including 18 critical vulnerabilities in 2021, according to Kaspersky research.
10. Executive Leadership - Identity and Access Management (IAM): SecurID, the identity platform and an RSA business has named Laura Marx as chief marketing officer.
11. Growth - SaaS Security for MSPs: More than 350 MSPs have embraced SaaS Alerts to safeguard more than 125,000 SMB cloud application accounts. The SaaS application monitoring, alerting and remediation platform has been generally available since January 2021. The platform has logged more than 50 million security events since inception. SaaS Alerts is led by Thrive and Kaseya veteran Jim Lippie.
12. Rebrand - Privileged Access Management (PAM): Delinea, backed by private equity firm TPG Capital, is the rebranded merger of Thycotic and Centrify.
13. Apple macOS Vulnerability: Perception Point has analyzed CVE-2022-22583 -- explaining how hackers can bypass macOS System Integrity Protection (SIP)
14. Ukraine Cyber Security: A White House cyber security official will meet European counterparts this week to discuss the threat of cyber attacks against Ukraine by Russia, Reuters reported.