Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding - MSP Security Posture Management: PlexTrac has raised $70 million in Series B funding, led by Insight Partners. PlexTrac's cybersecurity platform "equips consultants, service providers and enterprise teams of all sizes with the solution they need to track and improve their posture across the security lifecycle," the company asserted.
2. Partnership - NOC and XDR: IT By Design and Vijilan Security have partnered to create a Managed Extended Detection and Response offering, branded as mXDR. This marks Vijilan's first-ever MSP/Network Operations Center (NOC) alliance, the companies said.
3. Partnership: Noetic Cyber and SentinelOne have partnered to deliver an end-to-end cybersecurity asset management solution that leverages SentinelOne's endpoint and cloud workload telemetry. Partners and customers gain "high-fidelity, continuously updated, multidimensional map of all assets and their cyber relationships," the companies said.
4. Partner Program: Salt Security, an API security company, unveiled a global expansion of its Salt Security Essential Partner Program. Moreover, the company hired Jon Peppler, as VP of worldwide channels. He joins the Salt Security team of international sales leaders, including Anton Granic, VP of Worldwide Sales, and Sunil Dutt, Director of Channel Sales, EMEA and APAC.
5. Partner Program - Container and Cloud Security: Sysdig is doubling down on channel partner relationships -- including partnerships with CDW, Trace3, Optiv, ePlus, EVOTEK, GuidePoint Security, Presidio, Sorint.lab, and SVA. In addition, Sysdig is building out its dedicated channel partnership team to address both channel and cloud partners, which is expected to grow 200 percent by the end of March, the company predicated.
7. Continuous Security Assurance: Cymulate has launched Amplify, a human-powered offering "designed to accelerate the implementation and optimization of their continuous security assurance," the company said.
8. Talent - AWS Consulting Partner: Cascadeo, a Top 250 Public Cloud MSP, has hired Thomas Burns as senior VP of sales. Burns previously cofounded Green House Data, a sustainable cloud hosting and colocation organization that rebranded to Lunavi in 2020.
9. Vulnerability Module: Digital Shadows has launched a Vulnerability Intelligence module within SearchLight. The result: Security teams can "rapidly identify which of the many thousands of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) they should focus their limited resources on and how they can prevent criminals from exploiting them," Digital Shadows asserted.
10. Vulnerability Management: Qualys has added adding so-called advanced remediation capabilities to the Qualys Cloud Platform. The new update "enables organizations to fix asset misconfigurations, patch OS and third-party applications, and deploy custom software," Qualys asserted.
11. Growth - Managed Endpoint Software: Stratodesk's overall deal pipeline grew more than 300 percent in 2021 vs. 2020. Also, channel partners drove half of overall sales in the second half of 2021, up from 5 percent the previous years. Still, Stratodesk did not reveal actual revenue dollar figures so it's difficult to put the figures in proper context.