Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Partnership - Data Protection and Cybersecurity: Druva has completed an API integration with FireEye. The move gives partners and customers more visibility and control over endpoint backup data to monitor, analyze, detect and respond to data breaches from ransomware, data theft, and insider attacks, the two companies say. Joint customers of Druva and the FireEye Helix platform can now "dramatically reduce incident response times, minimize downtime, and accelerate recovery from protected backup data," Druva says.
2. Cloud Distribution - Data Security: Pax8 has agreed to offer Acronis Cyber Protect to its North American partner community.
3. Cybersecurity Awareness Training: A new Forrester Research study backed by Mimecast encourages businesses to rethink their approach to cybersecurity awareness training and behavior efforts.
4. Electric Grid Security - Information Sharing: Keep an eye on a group called A2V (short for the Asset to Vendor Network for Power Utilities). The A2V group, founded by Fortress Information Security and American Electric Power (AEP), was formed to help power companies share vital cyber-threat information and bolster cyber defenses. A2V's first partner is Southern Company, a major utility headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
5. Cybersecurity - Proactive File Scanning: Cyemptive Technologies has unveiled Version 2 of Cyemptive Enterprise Scanner (CES V2). The software preemptively scans for infected files such as ransomware, malware, and other cyberthreats before they infect a system, as compared to other existing scanning technology that detects files only after the infection has commenced, Cyemptive asserts.
6. Threat Detection and Response: Armor has upgraded its flagship Armor Anywhere threat detection and response services.
7. SaaS Application Security: AppOmni has released Enterprise Essentials for remote workers. The software secures such SaaS applications as Salesforce, Box, Zoom, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and the recently announced Work.com.
8. Talent - Application Workload Security: K2 Cyber Security has named Monty Venkersammy has been appointed as VP of channel sales.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar