Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cybereason Layoffs: Details are here.
2. SentinelOne Quarterly Financial Results & Earnings: SentinelOne revenue was $78.3 million in Q1 of fiscal 2023, up 109% from $37.4 million in Q1 of fiscal 2022. However, the company had a net loss of $89.8 million -- larger than the $62.6 million net loss from the corresponding quarter last year. The figures generally beat Wall Street's expectations.
3. Open XDR: Foresite Cybersecurity is shifting direction from tech-enabled services to a product-led Open XDR SaaS platform. The ProVision Open XDR platform is scheduled to be released in Q3 2022. We don't know if this is home-grown technology or white labeled from another company.
4. Breach Attack Simulation: NetSPI has unveiled Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) enhancements. The result: Organizations can continuously test their detective controls against real-world attack tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), NetSPI said.
5. Elasticsearch Databases Stolen: Secureworks Control Threat Unit (CTU) describe how hackers apparently have stolen multiple Internet-facing Elasticsearch databases and replaced them with a ransomware note...
6. Salesforce Cloud Security: Perception Point has launched its Advanced Threat Protection for CRM Platforms on Salesforce AppExchange. Perception Point’s solution automatically scans all content uploaded to Salesforce in near real-time, thereby "enhancing Salesforce’s native security features by accurately detecting and intercepting malicious content without disrupting Salesforce usage or business operations," the company said.
7. Funding - Cloud Data Security: Laminar has raised an additional $30 million, nearly doubling its funding to $67 million in less than six months. The additional funding, with participation from Tiger Global Management and Salesforce Ventures, follows seed and initial Series A investments of $37 million in November 2021.
8. Sumo Logic Executive Leadership: The cloud-based SIEM and SOAR provider has named:
- Zakir Ahmed, managing director of APAC and international market strategy
- Steve Doyle, SVP of global sales strategy and operations
- Timm Hoyt, SVP of global channels and alliances
- Russell Rosa, SVP of America sales
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Open XDR Summit 2022 (June 7-8, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- New: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar