Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. President Trump, First Lady Test Positive: Worldwide financial markets declined Friday after President Trump and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for COVID-19. Both President Trump and the first lady are now isolating at the White House and doing “well at this time,” the White House physician reports. Here are the latest updates from ChannelE2E.
2. SIEM & Continuous Intelligence Platform: GuardSight, a Top 250 MSSP for 2020, cybersecurity as a service, and managed detection and response (MDR) company, has incorporated the Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform into its service offering, the companies say. This relationship expands the GuardSight offering by providing its customers with Real-time Operations, Security Intelligence, and Autonomous SOC capabilities, the two companies say.
3. Security - AWS Cyber Marketplace: Telos Ghost, a virtual obfuscation network, is now available in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace. Telos Ghost offers a completely anonymous way for modern companies and government agencies to conduct business, connect to global resources, and do research online, the company asserts.
4. MDR and Security Analytics: Rapid7 has launched Active Response within its Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service, giving customers immediate response capabilities - initiated by Rapid7 MDR experts - to stop attacks in their environment. Active Response enables Rapid7’s security operations center (SOC) to immediately contain specific users and endpoints on behalf of a customer, accelerating the time to response and minimizing potential damage.
5. State of Cybersecurity: CompTIA's latest research findings are here.
6. Risk Management: RiskLens, a provider of quantitative cyber risk management solutions based on cyber risk quantification, has expanded its SaaS platform to include RiskLens Risk Treatment Analysis.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar