Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Seed Funding: LimaCharlie, a provider of Information Security Infrastructure as a Service (SIaaS), has raised $500,000 in seed funding. Key backers include Lytical Ventures, a New York City-based venture firm.
2. Distribution - MSSP & MDR Services: Arrow Electronics has agreed to distribute Secureworks' Red Cloak Threat Detection and Response, Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and Incident Management Retainer services to partners.
3. Government Cybersecurity - Part One: BlackBerry Unified Endpoint Manager (UEM) software has achieved Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN) approval as a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution. BlackBerry UEM is the only MDM solution on the DoDIN Approved Product List (APL), the company asserts.
4. Government Security - Part Two: The U.S. Department of Defense has selected Forescout to expand cybersecurity across its global enterprise as the initial phase of a multi-million dollar contract award through 2020.
5. Research - Vulnerability Management: Roughly 84 percent of respondents consider their vulnerability management programs to be mature, but a deeper dive revealed a major disconnect between perception and reality, Vulcan Cyber reports.
6. Research - Insider Attack Costs: Roughly 61 percent of companies have experienced an insider attack over the last year, and some of the attacks have cost as much as $2 million to rectify, according to the Bitglass 2020 Insider Threat Report.
7. Partnership - Threat Intelligence: VMRay, a provider of automated malware analysis and detection solutions, today announced a free-of-charge offering to all Anomali ThreatStream customers. The offering brings VMRay’s flagship malware analysis solution, VMRay Analyzer, to Anomali ThreatStream, allowing customers to operationalize threat intelligence, the companies say.
10. Security Awareness Training: Hook Security has launched PsySec Advanced, a new tier of their Psychological Security Awareness Training platform.
11. Ransomware Attacks School District: Haywood County Schools in Waynsville, North Carolina, has suffered a ransomware attack.
12. Talent - McAfee: The cybersecurity company has hired Venkat Bhamidipati as CFO. He previously held CFO posts at a healthcare company as well as the Microsoft Worldwide Enterprise Group.