Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Endpoint Protection - CrowdStrike MSSP Support: Here's the strategy.
2. Zoom Security Fixes: Zoom's CEO has apologized for security issues and vowed to address those issues before the video conferencing company rolls out any feature enhancements.
3. Growth - Security Awareness Training: KnowBe4, a provider of security awareness training and simulated phishing solutions, says sales grew 40 percent in Q1 2020 vs. Q1 2019. The privately held, venture-backed company did not disclose actual revenue or profit figures. Also, the disclosed time period largely covers the pre-coronavirus pandemic in the United States. KnowBe4 has not disclosed if or how the pandemic is impacting current business.
4. Research - Ransomware Contingency Plans: Roughly 45% of business employee in North America (U.S. and Canada) don't know the proper steps to take in response to a ransomware attack at work, Kaspersky research finds.
5. Ransomware Defeated?: Active Cypher claims to have a new solution that defeats ransomware...
6. COVID-19 Phishing Attack Mitigation: VADE Secure's guidance is here.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar