Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) for SaaS Applications: Qualys has introduced Qualys SaaS Detection and Response (SaaSDR), which provides a single console for IT and security teams to gain continuous visibility, security and compliance of critical SaaS apps, the company says. The initial release supports Google Workspace, Microsoft Office 365, Zoom and Salesforce. In some ways Qualys SaaSDR sounds somewhat similar to SaaS Alerts, the MSP-focused software company led by CEO Jim Lippie.
2. Machine Learning and Threat Detection: RSA has released RSA NetWitness Detect AI, a cloud-native advanced analytics and machine learning solution that provides "rapid detection and actionable insights on data captured by the RSA NetWitness Platform," the company says.
3. Partnership - European Cloud Container Security: OVHcloud has partnered with Sweden MSP Elastisys to offer "enterprise grade security-focused container services that are fully EU compliant," the companies say.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Expanding From MDR to XDR (June 17, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar