Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Partner Program - Zero Trust Security: Ericom Software has expanded its global reach with distribution partners including Tech Data, Arrow Electronics, e92plus, K.K. Ashisuto and Softprom, and security-focused resellers such as ICM Cyber, Optiv Security, and Red River. Earlier this year, Ericom named Michael Santacross as director of channels, Americas, and Matthew Howes, director of channels, EMEA.
2. Channel Talent - Data Discovery & Privacy: BigID has hired Acoustic, Salesforce, Oracle and SAP veteran Julia Fare as the senior VP of alliances and channels.
3. Distribution - Network Threat Detection: India distributor Redington has agreed to distribute CyGlass, a SaaS AI-driven network threat detection solution. CyGlass Network Defense as a Service (NDaaS) provides automated anomaly detection and response capabilities for small, midsize and large organizations, CyGlass asserts.
4. Identity and Access Management - Web Browsers & Schools: Avatier has released Avatier for Chrome, a plug-in for Google Chrome designed to provide centralized Identity Access Management (IAM) control over students, faculty and employees using Chromebooks, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers.
5. Threat Hunting: FireEye has released ThreatPursuit VM -- a pre-configured virtual machine (VM) that helps threat intelligence analysts hunt down adversaries.
MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar