Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Executive Leadership - SentinelOne: The security software company has promoted Chief Operating Officer Nicholas Warner to president, security; and Vats Srivatsan has been appointed as COO.
3. Partnership - CrowdStrike and Mandiant: A new CrowdStrike-Mandiant partnership is designed to "help customers investigate, remediate and defend against increasingly sophisticated cybersecurity events that plague organizations globally," the two companies said.
4. Partnership - Mobile Security and Government: Carahsoft Technology will serve as Zimperium’s Master Government Aggregator, making the company’s FedRAMP authorized mobile threat defense solution available to the public sector through Carahsoft’s reseller partners, the companies said.
5. Malware Targets AWS Cloud: Cado has discovered malware that specifically targets AWS Lambda.
6. Google Play - Data Harvesting Software: Google has yanked dozens of apps from its Google Play store after determining that they include a software element that surreptitiously harvests data, The Wall Street Journal reported. The Panamanian company that wrote the code, Measurement Systems S. de R.L., is linked through corporate records and web registrations to a Virginia defense contractor that does cyberintelligence, network-defense and intelligence-intercept work for U.S. national-security agencies, The Journal added.
7. Cyber Talent Gap: Mandiant has launched the 2022 Mandiant Academy Quarterly Grant Program, which seeks to "support mission-focused U.S. nonprofit organizations dedicated to advancing cyber security professionals along their career paths," the company said.
8. Talent - SOAR: Arctic Wolf founder Brian NeSmith has joined the Revelstoke board of directors. Revelstoke, which launched in January 2022, develops a "next generation" platform for security orchestration, automation and response.
9. Ransomware Mitigation: Rabobank, a Dutch multinational banking and financial services company, has deployed Cloudian object storage as part of its multi-layered protection solution against ransomware attacks, the companies said.
10. Endpoint Management: Tanium, which develops a converged endpoint management platform, is now available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Purple Hats 2022 by AttackIQ (April 21)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar