Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding - Attack Emulation Software: Scythe has raised $10 million in Series A funding, led by Gula Tech Ventures and Paladin Capital Group. Also, Energy Impact Partners (EIP) also participated in the round. Sythe has an emerging MSSP partner program, which allows MSSPs to offer Adversary Emulation as a Service.
2. SentinelOne App for Active Directory: The new app enables organizations using SentinelOne to automatically alert Azure Active Directory (AD) when an endpoint is at risk, "triggering conditional access policies to protect corporate resources, enabling organizations to enforce the principles of Zero Trust," SentinelOne asserted.
3. Threat Group Interactions: The BlackBerry Research & Intelligence Team has uncovered an unusual connection between the actions of three distinct threat groups. A fourth group, known as Zebra2104, may be an Initial Access Broker (IAB), BlackBerry reported.
4. MSP Security at IT Nation: The ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2021 conference kicks off later this week in Orlando. MSSP Alert will be on-site to cover the latest cyber-related news for MSPs. Among the businesses to watch: Perch Security, an MDR (managed detection and response) and co-managed security provider that ConnectWise owns...