Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Cyber Insurance and Incident Response: Accenture, a Top 200 MSSP, now provides a Cyber Incident Response Service to help AXA XL’s clients respond to and recover from cyberattacks, the two companies say. The partnership between Accenture and AXA XL was originally announced in 2019.
2. Ransomware Attacks Georgia Again: A ransomware attack hit the Rockdale County government systems in Georgia on February 7. Multiple servers and applications were infected. This is the latest in a growing list of Georgia municipalities hit by ransomware over the past year or so.
3. Ohio Security Deadline: Eight counties in the state have not completed all parts of an election security directive issued last year by Ohio’s secretary of state, AP reports.
4. Cyberattack Hits Iran: A powerful cyberattack rocked Iran's Internet infrastructure on February 8, Forbes reports.
5. Talent - Digital Identity Verification: Mitek Systems has hired Oracle NetSuite veteran Aaron Korsen as senior VP, North American Identity Sales.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar